Wednesday, April 21, 2010

SHERIA NGOWI THE AFRICAN RISING SUPER DESINER FROM TANZANIA










Sheria Ngowi (Born as Walter Thomas Ngowi on October 1st, 1982 as second born of five children). I am a Tanzanian fashion designer and Founder Of  Sheria Ngowi Designs. I was raised in a middle-class family of  the Late Mr.Thomas Kishari Ngowi and Mrs.Mary Mathias Kessy. My Father was a lawyer while my mother was a Bank Accountant.

I studied Law but my career has taken the path of Fashion Designing. My interest in Fashion has been with me for as long as I can remember, My parents were also an influence especially my father who had a love for fashion and sense of style which inspired me a lot. I remember styling my parents before they left the house for any event and pretty soon I was the family stylist this made me realize I had a talent in Fashion .My designs are heavily influenced by the past. So I blend modern trends with the classic vintage looks and incorporate numerous colors.
CAREER BREAKTHROUGH.
My career famously began In 2008 when I debuted my designs for both women and men under Brand name Sheria Na Mavazi In Mysore,India.So Sheria na Mavazi stands for Dressing Principles or Regulations.,
In 2009, I launched my first professional collection under my own name Sheria Ngowi Designs. The Collection was a dedication to my late father who was the driving  force behind my love for fashion. I decided to focus on one gender at a time  to ensure  that I put my all into each of the collections and the women's collection is on the way.

THE IDEA OF Sheria Ngowi Designs.

"My fashion philosophy is similar to my philosophy on life''

The Idea behind Sheria Ngowi Designs is that Fashion is more than the clothes you wear, it's a lifestyle. My goal is to give all the people, especially men & women of color, a platform of inspiration. I will be showcasing all things fashionable and stylish, so step out of your boundaries and try something new! ".My biggest wish is to have my name in an International Fashion Platform, so that my grand kids and their friends could see that it is okay to follow a belief and for my country to be proud of me as a Tanzanian..."


My website is under construction at the moment, once completed interested customers will be supplied with all necessary information concerning how  and where they can purchase my designs.

I currently reside and run a small home studio in Bangalore,India. I make made-to-order suits exclusively custom made to my interested customers.. I will be opening my flagship store in Dar-es-salaam,Tanzania by Next Year 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment